A lot of questions have been raised in regard to pricing and structuring your services.
There are two sides to it:
:: The front end - who is your market, what do your clients want & need, and what do they see though your marketing.
:: The back end - your ability to deliver the services, sustain your business, profit, and have fun.
Let's focus on the latter for a moment, and the factors to consider:
- your capacity
- your monetary goals
- your strenghts
Then, think about:
- what is the timeframe in which you can create the desired outcome
- what do you need to do for your clients
- what will assure they are committed
- what does your business need to remain profitable?
- what do you want to do, and how
Lastly - what do you have to work with in terms of your budget, skillset, lifestyle, and numbers.
Because there is more to it than simply deciding on:
- Hourly or project-based, maybe retainer?
- Low-ticket or high-ticket?
- Serving masses or exclusive few?
- Highly leveraged or highly personalized?
The simplest way to bring it all together is to envision a path that your clients need to take to get them from where they are, to where they want to go, and to where you know they could go.
Product ladder, money mountain, marketing spiral, value ladder... it goes by many names.
Hourly to Retainer
If you are looking to transition from time-based to retainer-based approach, I invite you to attend my free 3-part live masterclass Hourly to Retainer - Overcoming top 3 Challenges of Creating High-End Service Packages Clients Will Love